In April of 2004 I was watching General Conference and a member of the Seventy named Clate Mask gave a talk. I liked his name, so I wrote it down in my journal for future consideration in naming my own children. I got my Klayte in June of 2007 although I spelled the name differently. When people would ask me where I heard the name, I told them but was answered with doubtful tones and began to doubt myself. I began to think maybe I heard the name somewhere else. Today, much to my surprise, Elder Mask gave the closing prayer in the first session of General Conference. I wanted to know more about him so I looked up his name on lds.org and found that his father is also named Clate as well as his grandson, who they call Clatie (a mispronunciation I often get with my Klayte). And in case you were wondering, Britton is a name that Nate thought about.
Well, here's an opportunity to tell all about Klayte.
Favorite Movie: Bolt
Favorite Food: cheese and grapes (not necessarily together)
Favorite word to say: Owee
Favorite toy: stickers, toolbox or anything he can take apart and put back together
Klayte is always trying to find opportunities to help. Whenever Britton cries he drops everything and looks for a binkie. He tries to share food and constantly gives kisses. Klayte likes to get the kitchen utensils (he thinks they're used to clean out Perry's cage) and broom out. He helps empty the dishwasher and lint trap. He also gets into the vacuum attachments but I don't think he has cleaning intentions. The tubes work much like pipes (see Children's Museum post).
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Elder Clate Mask
Posted by Erin at 11:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
That's cool you got his name from a general authority and that he out of the many gave the closing prayer! That's cute that Klayte is being such a good big brother!
fun.... I'm ALWAYS writing down names i hear and like.... i've got a whole list :)
I think Britton is names after your favorite friend Brittany from the good ol' Westbrook 4th ward!!! :)
Post a Comment