Every time I have a memorable experience and I go back through my pictures I regret that I didn't capture enough but I am definitely satisfied with our Pearl Harbor day. That said there are also a few pictures I haven't uploaded from Nate's phone yet. These are slightly out of order and I'm not very good at narrating so I know there are some people who were very interested in our trip and I will answer any questions you have!
My first impression of Honolulu wasn't great; it looked run down to me. We were there to see if it had the potential of being home for the next 5 years so I was trying to take it in even more than if I were just on vacation. But the longer I stayed there just doing everyday things, the more it appealed and Nate is pretty much already looking at real estate! Our version of vacationing is very slow paced. Even if Nate wasn't working 12 hours every day during the week, we wouldn't have done many more touristy things than we did. It was nice to just go outside and breathe, listen to birds, pick up tree flowers and run down grassy hills. It was nice to take naps, do kid crafts, play cards and watch cable tv! Besides the beautiful birds such as finches and cardinals we saw wild pigs, chickens and Klayte held a lizard (probably the best picture of the whole trip but it's on Nate's phone)
Thursday, August 5, 2010
HAWAII
These first two photos are before we left.
USS Missouri
Daddy about 5 stories up. I couldn't be a sailor; that ship is so confusing!
Big guns

USS Missouri from USS Arizona Memorial
USS Arizona
USS Utah-it's on the same island (Ford) as the aviation museum and the Missouri but the tour bus doesn't go there and it's an active military base so we drove our rental car right across the bridge and showed them our military IDs. SWEET! It's not on the original sinking site-got moved and rests on it's side.


Klayte did a little ninjas Tae Kwon Do class in June and is showing his Junbi stance in front of the anchor.
See that cloudy pink building right above the trees just to the right of the small hill in the center? That's where Nate worked and the hotel is right by it.
Posted by Erin at 3:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! I am so glad you decided to go!!
Wow it looks like you guys had such an amazing time. David and I really want to go to Hawaii and maybe if you there for five years it will give us more incentive to get there. :)
Post a Comment