Monday, August 31, 2009

Britton Scott Nielsen

(oops... pictures are backwards; start at the bottom)




















At midnight Friday morning I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep for some reason. I had been having Braxton Hicks but nothing major or consistent. As the day went on, my contractions got worse but only when I bent down or stood up. Around 11:00 we were running errands and my contractions were sometimes back to back and getting longer. We decided to just go to the hospital even though the nurse said to wait until they were consistent. I was dilated to 7 cm at 12:05 and by the time they got me to the delivery room around 12:40 I was dilated to 10 cm. So, no time for an epidural for me! I got a little hysterical because I was afraid Britton would get my strep infection since I hadn't had antibiotics for long enough. After about 10 pushes, Britton was out at 12:55. He weighed 8 lbs 7 oz (one oz more than Klayte) and 19 1/2 inches long. Luckily I didn't go over my due date; we would have had a HUGE baby! Britton is a great eater. Klayte is so sweet with his baby brother although he's still learning how to be quiet and gentle.

7 comments:

Terry and Amber Andrews said...

Congrats, he is so cute. I can't believe how fast everything went. Hope to see him soon.

Nicole said...

oh my gosh!!! Congrats!! that's so exciting :)

Kristin said...

He is so beautifull!! Congratulations!

Love,
Aunt Kiki

Natalie Hansen said...

Congrats! That is fast! You're super tough! He's so cute! Cute pictures with Klayte and Britton!

Jackie Sanders said...

Congrats!! I am sure Klayte will be a hand full for a few weeks, but the new-ness will wear off, and he'll be his regular self. Britton is a DOLL! Look at all his hair!
How fun! Best of luck!
-The Sanders

Justin and Rachel said...

Soooo fun! We're so excited for you!

blair and maisy said...

Britton is so cute! Wow, it shows how big Klayte is when he's in that hospital baby crib.