Nate is currently sitting at the hospital waiting to deliver babies, so here I am with no husband to hog the computer and a wonderful story to tell. And it begins like this: Once upon a time there was a stupid girl named Erin who left her purse on the bottom of a Costco shopping cart. She realized her mistake when she was almost home and promptly turned around. After searching the parking lot and all the carts in use, she left her phone number with the lost and found department. Upon returning home, she cried to her husband over the phone and began trying to replace every card she could recall. She taught piano lessons, which cheered her up a bit, but found that many businesses were closed when she returned to her task (all while her small children behaved angelically for their scatterbrained mother). Reality set in around 6:00 that her children must eat, bathe, and sleep so she suppressed her worries and even read them two Book of Mormon stories.
OK, I'm changing the subject for a second and quitting this annoying third person talk. The easter bunny brought us the illustrated scripture stories this year and Klayte has responded more than I expected. He loves finding the pictures of the mommy Sariah because one of his friend's name is Rya. CUTE!!
So, I was feeling pretty optimistic. I talked to my friend for a while and she volunteered to take care of the kids while I go to the DMV... Uggghhhh! I got the kids in bed and started remembering all my appointments and puzzling over how to get the many phone numbers in my planner. I e-mailed my MIL to get everyone's birthdays. My Dad called me at 8:00 telling me that Costco had my purse. WHAT? Why didn't they call me first? So, I'm really hesitant, but I wake the kids up, get in the car and go. But once I'm down the street I think: What if the person that took my bag called my Dad pretending to be Costco and is going to rob my house while I'm gone? So then I'm sick (haven't eaten anything all day either) and shake all the way to the store. I was sent to the manager's office to get my purse. WAHOO! We celebrated with a very berry sundae (oops, oh yeah, didn't finish it yet and still haven't eaten real food). And we are living happily every after. But, my Costco card was not in the right place, so did I put it there hurriedly or did someone copy all my information and then return it? Or am I just thinking too much? Is the average person still honest?
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Fairy Tales
Posted by Erin at 9:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'm super glad you got your purse back! But, to be safe, I'd call all your card companies and get new card numbers... you never know if they wrote them down for a future online shopping spree...
So glad everything seems to be okay. I hope you know that you can always call me if you need to drop off your kids and take care of things too! I am still in shock over how crazy your day was! I am so sorry! I agree about getting new numbers...so sorry!
Post a Comment