Friday, August 12, 2011

WHY?

I hate posting negative things but I am just mad, tired and overwhelmed to the point of tears! Today has been awful! I woke up to the sound of Klayte flushing the toilet in my bathroom. He had put too much paper in and clogged it but kept trying. It overflowed and that just set my mood. I wish now I would have turned my attitude around but I let it continue to bother me so I went about my errands in a robotic way. I've been trying to make an extra effort to spend quality time with the kids since I have very little energy lately but I just did what I needed to do without adding fun activities or conversation. Klayte wouldn't listen or respond to anything I had to say. We came home and had lunch in preparation for naps when Klayte told me he poked a hole in the door. The narrow hallway downstairs leading to the living area has a closet and bathroom with outward swinging doors that have hinge attached door stoppers. He had somehow pushed the stopper through the door. After thinking maybe it was an accident I put the boys to bed and went downstairs to clean up Britt's HUGE mess (a frequent occurence even if he enjoys the food) and found that both doors had been punctured. When Klayte woke up I tried asking him why and how it happened and he said he pushed it with his shoulder and that he wanted to. Since we are renting it will probably cost more than if we were able to replace them ourselves. I just don't know how I'm going to have a new baby if my older kids are going to be this high maintenance. I already know Britt will struggle but when will Klayte stop acting like his brother's age?

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Erin,

Hang in there. Transitions are hard on everyone, especially kids who have little or no control in the situation. I know my kids acted up the first few months after we moved. It seems like they are starting to calm down a little more as they are getting more used to their new surroundings. You are a good mother.

Lisa said...

Sweet Erin!
I feel your pain! Poor girl. Motherhood is THE hardest job. Heavenly Father knows you can do it! Have faith in that. I find myself telling myself that often. One day we will look back and laugh. Until then, your in my thoughts;) Waiting for the delivery news!
Love and hugs!
Lis