I'm sure I've posted this before, but The Phantom of the Opera holds a very very special place in my heart. I grew up listening to the soundtrack and acting the story in my bedroom. In high school I went to London and saw the musical on stage where I (bawled my eyes out) found out that it was performed for the very first time on the day I was born. So I was born at 11:00am in pacific time which would have been 7:00pm London time as it was starting. I am grateful that a movie was made and I developed a liking for Gerard Butler. Then I fell in love with him again when I saw P.S. I Love You which remains my favorite chick flick. Today I watched the stage recording they filmed last year for the 25th anniversary. Cried through the whole end when they brought out Andrew Lloyd Webber and Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford (oh yeah, I named a beta fish Crawford). And I have a new crush: Ramin Karimloo. He plays it with sooo much emotion. It's about the voice and the character. But then I see the face without makeup or mask and my jaw drops a little. If you're still reading my silly post I'll tell my non-Phantom crush which is Christian Bale. But then again, he wears a mask as Batman but he is known by me as Laurie of Little Women. Okay, I know you we're waiting for it: the end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment